Since 1991, MQA-accredited art and design college The One Academy is the top choice for creative education, home to nurturing creative professionals.
Here you’ll find what it takes to enrol at The One Academy. We have students ranging from high-school graduates to mature business owners and professionals. Whoever you are, there’s an art and design course suited just for you.
Diploma Courses Requirements:
SPM / O-Level / UEC or Equivalent
The One Academy's Certificate Programme
Certificate in Communication Design
(1 Year 3 Months)
- The One Academy's Diploma Programmes
- Digital Animation (3 Years)
- Digital Media Design (3 Years)
- Illustration, Movie & Game Art (3 Years)
- Advertising & Graphic Design (3 Years)
- Visual Effects (3 Years)
- Fine Arts (3 Years)
- Interior Design (3 Years 3 Months)
- Fashion Design & Pattern Making (3 Years 2 Months)
- UK Degree in The One Academy
in collaboration with University of Hertfordshire (UH),
(2 years completed locally upon completion of Diploma programme at The One Academy)
BA (Hons) Graphic Design
BA (Hons) Digital Media Design
BA (Hons) Interior Architecture and Design
Degree in Affiliated Universities
United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand & United States
(1 - 2 Years)
*Subject to meeting entry requirement and credit transfer mapping
- Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with minimum 3 credits (3Cs) including a pass in Bahasa Melayu and *Sejarah
- Pass in Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with minimum 3 credits (3Bs)
- Pass in IGCSE/O-Level with minimum 3 credits (3Cs)
- Pass The One Academy’s Certificate in Communication Design OR Certificate from other Institutions of Higher Learning in related field with minimum CGPA 2.00
- Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 3 in Art and Design Field with 1 credit in SPM including a pass in Bahasa Melayu and *Sejarah
- Other equivalent qualifications recognized by the Malaysian Government AND
- Pass Portfolio Review or Drawing Test conducted by The One Academy for candidate who does not have a pass in Art subject or without an art subject in SPM level or its equivalent
- For candidates who do not have a pass in English will be required to take Intensive English Programme (IEP) in The One Academy.
- For International Students only: When you apply for a Visa Approval Letter you must demonstrate that you have an acceptable level of English language proficiency. The English Language tests which are accepted for Student Pass Application are: • IELTS (Academic) minimum Band 4.0
• TOEFL IBT (30-31)
• CAE (160) (Cambridge English: Advanced)
• CPE (180) (Cambridge English: Proficiency)
• PTE - Academic (Pearson Test of English) (30)
• MUET (Malaysian University English Test) (Band 2)
• Ijazah Sekolah Menengah Umum (SMU) 3 / Ijazah Sekolah Menengah Atas (SMA) / Ijazah Sekolah Menengah Kejuruan (SMK) / Ijazah Madrasah Aliyah (bagi lulusan mulai tahun 2015) dengan gred purata 55 - 65
• Bang Tot Nghiep Trung Hoc Pho Thong (Upper Secondary School Graduation Diploma)
• Senior Secondary School Graduation Certificate / Graduation Certificate from a Vocational / Technical Secondary School (Zhixiao / Zhigao) or a Skilled Worker School (Jixiao)
• UCLES O-Level / Secondary School Certificate SSC)
- South Korea
• High School Diploma / High School Graduation Equivalency Examination
**For non-Malaysian applicants, please refer to the The List of Entry Qualifications for International Student (PDF) to see if you qualify for this course.
**Sejarah (History) is a compulsory subject to pass in SPM starting 2013
Can I get credit transfer?
If you have completed other courses or modules at another institution, you may be eligible to apply for credit transfer credit transfer are given based on subject to subject mapping according to guidelines provided by MOHE / MQA.
Your credit transfer will be assessed by our academic department. Please include full information of your prior studies, and attach relevant transcripts, portfolios and other evidence of your studies. Please contact the Student Registration Office (SRA) to discuss any aspect of the application process that you are unsure about and to arrange for a visit.
How many intakes do you have ?
We have three (3) intakes during the year January , April and August for all Diploma Programmes except Diploma in Fashion Design & Pattern Making.
The intake for Diploma in Fashion Design & Pattern Making is March and September.