Since 1991, MQA-accredited art and design college The One Academy is the top choice for creative education, home to nurturing creative professionals.
Here you’ll find what it takes to enrol at The One Academy. We have students ranging from high-school graduates to mature business owners and professionals. Whoever you are, there’s an art and design course suited just for you.
Certificate Course Requirements:
- SPM / O-Level or equivalent
- The One Academy’s Certificate Programme
Certificate in Communication Design
(1 Year 4 Months)
- The One Academy's Diploma Programmes
- Digital Animation (3 Years)
- Digital Media Design (3 Years 2 Months)
- Illustration(3 Years)
- Advertising & Graphic Design (3 Years)
- Visual Effects (3 Years)
- Fine Arts (3 Years)
- Interior Design (3 Years 3 Months)
- Fashion Design & Pattern Making in Collaboration with
ESMOD International Fashion University Group, Paris(3 Years 2 Months)
- UK Degree in The One Academy
in collaboration with University of Hertfordshire (UH),
(2 years completed locally upon completion of Diploma programme at The One Academy)
BA (Hons) Graphic Design
BA (Hons) Digital Media Design
BA (Hons) Interior Architecture and Design
Degree in Affiliated Universities
United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand & United States
(1 - 2 Years)*
*Based on the University's assessment of student's portfolio.
- Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with minimum 1 credit (1C) including a Pass in Bahasa Melayu and Sejarah
- Pass IGCSE / O-Level with minimum 1 credit (1C)
- Pearson BTEC Art & Design Level 2 Award/Certificate
- Pass UEC - SML and/or UEC Technical with minimum Grade B in any subjects
- Pass Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 2 in the relevant aspect
**For non-Malaysian applicants, please refer to the The List of Entry Qualifications for International Student (PDF) to see if you qualify for this course.
**Sejarah (History) is a compulsory subject to pass in SPM starting 2013.
Can I get credit transfer?
If you have completed other courses or modules at another institution, you may be eligible to apply for credit transfer upon admission to The One Academy.
Your credit transfer will be assessed by our academic department. Please include full information of your prior studies, and attach relevant transcripts, portfolios and other evidence of your studies. Please contact the Student Registration Office (SRA) to discuss any aspect of the application process that you are unsure about and to for arrange a visit.
How many intakes do you have ?
We have three (3) intakes during the year January, April and August for all Diploma Programmes except Diploma in Fashion Design & Pattern Making.
The intake for Diploma in Fashion Design & Pattern Making is March and September.